I know this isn’t something new I invented but just really really good. I love banana bread. Always have frozen bananas in the freezer for the ready. It is easy to whip up and I love the four small loaf pan I have. You can throw some back into the freezer or grace a friend with a little sweet loaf.
I almost always make this with nuts but decided to change it up and add some chocolate chips instead. Love the combo of chocolate and banana. Yummy!! I love the deep rich color that these loaves are, so inviting for this time of year. A great addition to any lunchbox too!
- ¼ lb. butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter four small loaf pans or a 9 x 5".
- With a standup mixer, cream the butter and sugar together, add the eggs one at a time beating well after each.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture. Mix well. Add the bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Mix well. Remove the bowl from the mixer and add in the chocolate chips, stirring to combine. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 40-50 min. if making the small loaves or 60 min. using the larger loaf pan. Cool for 10 min. then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
Adapted from Martha Stewart