We have a Chili Cook-Off today for #SundaySupper. I really wanted to make a winning chili today for you, so I started off with a great name and then had to come up with a chili that was worthy!! I think I succeeded nicely. I really would like your votes for it to, so VOTE HERE!!!
I wanted this chili to have lots of deep layered smokey flavor, so I charred the peppers, added smokey paprika, dried smoked chipolte peppers, roasted tomatoes and chorizo, all to add that incredible taste. Never mind all of the other 15 ingredients!!
This is spicy but not blow your head off spicy, I can’t handle that. You can always adjust the heat with the amount of chipotle pepper you add.
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground beef, browned
- 3 chorizo sausages, cooked and diced
- 2 dried chipolte peppers (small or 1½ large)
- 2 sweet onions, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1-28 oz. can San Marzano tomatoes
- 2-14 oz. cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- 1-28 oz. kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-14 oz. can Aduki Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- Red and green jalapeno peppers, sliced for garnish
- Cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Start by browning the ground beef in a large skillet.
- Meanwhile soak the chipotle peppers in boiling water to rehydrate for 20 min.
- Place the red and orange peppers under a broiler to char. Once charred place in a bowl and cover with a cloth to steam and cool.
- Once the beef is browned add to a large bowl of a slow cooker. In the same pan brown the chorizo. Once cooked, dice into small pieces and add to the beef.
- Add the onions and garlic now to the pan with a little oil if needed. Saute until translucent and add to the beef mixture.
- Chop the chipotle peppers once rehydrated. Skin and seed the red and orange peppers and dice. Add all the peppers to the beef mixture.
- Add in the green peppers, both kinds of tomatoes, red wine, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and salt. Cook on low 6-8 hours. In the last hour add the beans and corn.
- Garnish with the jalapenos and cheese if using.
Thick, meaty, stocked full of vegetables, plus it is so easy done in the slow cooker!! You will love making this chili, ENJOY!!!!
Now we have a big line up of chilis here and you need to vote for your favorite!!! Flashing lights, arrow above!!! Best Damn Chili Ever needs your vote!!
The person with the most votes by Thursday Feb. 27th, which coincidentally is National Chili Day will win a ticket to the 2014 Food and Wine Conference in Orlando, Florida + a $25 gift card!!!
Will YOU be a part of the #SundaySupper Chili Cook-Off judges panel this week? Voting is live at the Sunday Supper Movement Online Community Magazine starting now and concluding (fittingly) on February 27 – National Chili Day! Browse the submissions and cast your vote by clicking HERE!
Beef and Bison Chili
- Bison & Black Bean Chili from It’s Yummi!
- Cincinnati Chili from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Bean Chili from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Chili con Carne from Manu’s Menu
- Gesundheit Chili from Magnolia Days
- Hellfire Chili from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Hoisin Beef Chili from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Moroccan Harissa Spiked Chili from MarocMama
- Short Rib Chili from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Chili from Hip Foodie Mom
Chicken, Duck, and Turkey Chili
- Asian Five Spice Duck Chili from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Buffalo Turkey Chili from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Meatball Chipotle Chili from Soni’s Food
- Gluten Free Turkey Chili from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Kickin’ Chicken Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Low Calorie Turkey Chili from Basic N Delicious
- Olé Mole Turkey Chili from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Quick & Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Shockingly Delicious Chili Mole with Red Beans and Raisins from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili from Family Foodie
- Thai Chicken Chili from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- White Chicken Chili from The Foodie Army Wife
Mixed (meat combo) Chili
- Best Damn Chili Ever from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chili con Tres Carne from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Daddy’s Favorite Chili from Momma’s Meals
- Harlem Meatloaf Chili from Neighborfood
- Leslie’s Best Chili from La Cocina de Leslie
Fish and Seafood Chili
- Scrumptious Seafood Chili from A Kitchen Hoor
- Easy Vegetarian Chili with Raisins and Cashews from Delaware Girl Eats
- New Orleans Style Vegetarian Chili from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chili from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Chicken Chili Cheese Fries from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chili Cornbread Cupcakes from In The Kitchen With KP
- Chili Topped Tater Tots from Ruffles & Truffles
- Spicy Chili Mac from girlichef
Best Wines To Pair with Chili #SundaySupper from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.