#SundaySupper is here again and what a great one this is. Huge variety!!! It is Cheese, Cakes and Cheesecakes. What fun!! I decided to do a savory cheesecake. One that I have made many times before and makes a great sit down appetizer. The pairing of the cheese with the sweet salsa is fabulous.You can make it in a small springform pan and it will be thicker or if you make it in a larger one as I did you have more to go around and it is not quite as filling for an appetizer. Appetizers are one of my favorite things to make and this one you can either dress up or dress down for the occasion. It can be served warm, at room temperature or a little chilled, your choice. It can be made ahead along with the salsa and chilled until ready to serve.
The recipe is from Chatelaine Food Express Starters cookbook which has many other great recipes that I have tried.Try this one on for size for your next dinner party or gathering.
Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa for #SundaySupper
Author: Tara Noland
Recipe type: Appetizer
A wonderful savory cheesecake!!
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. hazelnuts
- 140 gm. chevre cheese, plain
- 250 gm. package light cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- ¼ tsp. each salt and black pepper
- Butter for the springform pan
- 3 red peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Crackers for serving
- For the salsa, preheat the broiler. Broil the peppers and jalapenos on a baking sheet until just slightly singed on the edges. Turn and continue to broil until softened about 15 to 20min. You might not want to have the pepper really close to the broiler element as you don’t want them blackened.
- In a bowl stir together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper. Add the mango. Without peeling coarsely chop the red pepper and finely chop the jalapenos. Stir into the mango mixture and add the cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously coat a 81/2″ springform pan with butter. In a food processor whirl the bread crumbs and the hazelnuts. Press lightly into the buttered pan. Coat up the sides of the pan also about 1″.
- Wipe out the processor and whirl together the chevre and cream cheese. Add the eggs, garlic, chives and salt and pepper and whirl to mix well.
- Pour over crumbs and spread evenly. Bake for 35-40 min. until the center seems firm when jiggled. Let cool at least 10 min.
- About 20 min. before serving let the salsa come to room temperature. Serve slices of the chevre torte with the salsa and Melba toasts like crackers.
Adapted from Chatelaine Food Express Starters Cookbook
- Garlic and Goat by Supper for a Steal
- Quick and Easy Homemade Cottage Cheese by The Meltaways
- Homemade Velveeta Cheese by Juanitas Cocina
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Crisps by BigBearsWife
- Irish Cheese Soufflés by girlichef
- Paneer Tikka Masala by Kimchi Mom
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Ricotta Croquettes by Basic N Delicious
- Cheeseburger Soup by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Cherry Blossom Crescents by The Ninja Baker
- Saag Paneer! Golden Roasted Ricotta In Savory Spinach Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Basil Balsamic Strawberries & Whipped Feta Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lox and Cream Cheese Mini Omelettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Paneer Indian Cottage Cheese Pancake by Masala Herb
- Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Filling by Soni’s Food
- Roasted Pears with Pecorino by Happy Baking Days
- Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese Salad by The Catholic Foodie
- Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairyfree Ice Cream Cake by Galactosemia in PDX
- KitKat Chocolate Cake by The Urban Mrs.
- Old Fashioned Caramel Cake by There and Back Again
- Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips by Gotta Get Baked
- Flourless Chocolate Bean Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Dense Chocolate Cherry Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Tequila Lime Cupcakes by Mama Mommy Mom
- Almond Polenta Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Salmon Cakes by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze by NeighborFood
- Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies by The Foodie Army Wife
- Individual Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecakes by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Mini Toddler Cherry Cheesecakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mocha Cheesecake by The Lovely Pantry
- Lime Cheesecake Bites by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake by The Messy Baker
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Crusts by Cupcakes and Pearls
- Savory Shrimp Cheesecake with Herbs and Garlic by Food Lust People Love
- Cheesecake au Baileys by Baker Street
- Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by Cookistry
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites by Mom, What’s For Dinner?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. This week we will be sharing our love of Cheese, Cakes AND Cheesecakes! Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST!
Follow the #SundaySupper hash tag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Join us Around the Family Table this Sunday at 7PM Eastern Time and share your favorite Cheese, Cake and Cheesecake Recipes with us!