Day 5 of our 5 Days of Salads and if you know my site you will know we almost always have a vegetarian choice. I love vegetarian dishes especially if they have one of my favorite ingredients in it and that is lentils. We are all big fans of any kind of lentil when it is spiced well. This time with a Potato and Pea Curry that I received from Ace Curries to Go. A perfect curry blend of Ginger, Coriander, Cumin, Tumeric, Caraway, Red Chili, Cloves, Black Pepper, Cinnamon and Bishops Weed. I decided to use it a bit differently and added it to the lentils while they cooked and then tossed the roasted butternut squash with the lentils. It turned out fabulous!!! Just what I was hoping for!!This is a very unique salad that is full of flavor!! You will love it. Instead of your traditional salad I used a bed of romaine, arugula and cilantro and it married perfectly with the lentils. Just a simple store bought balsamic vinaigrette drizzled on the greens and you have an amazing simple salad.
Ace Curries to Go have a wide variety of curries available to be shipped to you for your convenience. Come and check out their site and you will love what they have to offer. We sure did.
- ½ Butternut squash, large diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup green lentils
- 5 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. Potato and Pea Curry
- Salt and pepper
- 60 gms. of goat cheese
- 1 bunch Arugula
- 1 medium head Romaine
- ½ bunch Cilantro
- Store bought Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spread butternut squash and onion on a rimmed cookie tray. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss. Roast in the oven for 20min., toss and continue to roast for 5-10 min. until starting to brown.
- Meanwhile cook the lentils with the water and curry until tender but not mushy about 45-50 min. Drain.
- Make a salad of the arugula, romaine and cilantro and divide among 3-4 plates, drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette. Toss lentils and squash together and serve while still warm on a bed of the greens. Divide goat cheese among plates and serve.