Today we are starting our 5 DAYS Of EGG DISHES that were voted in on our Facebook page. I love eggs, I crave them. Plain old fried egg is good but I love to jazz things up a bit.
I have seen this around on the internet and on TV and was dying to try this out. I adore avos and poached eggs, so to put them together would be a real hit!!
I have had warm avocado before done in tempura and fell in love with the warm creaminess!!
They eggs were done to a runny perfection, perfect for dipping toast into!! I loved the heat of the jalapeno with this dish, it was so perfect with all the creaminess of the avocado and egg!!
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 eggs
- Green onion, green parts only, diced
- 1 red jalapeno pepper, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Toast with butter
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Scoop out some of the avocado in each half. Pour 1 tsp. of lime juice on each half of avocado and cover completely, drain off excess.
- Place avocado in a greased rimmed baking tray, setting it up in the corner to help keep it standing. Crack on egg into the hole. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 min. Top with the green onions and sliced red jalapeno. Serve with toast for dipping!!