This is a fabulous event that Heather Dar Schmitt-Gonzalez from GirliChef has put together for us to celebrate this fun day, National Margarita Day!! There is something to celebrate every day of the year. Well, we can’t do that, but pick a day full of hoopla and merriment, it is today, National Margarita Day. One of my favorite cocktails is a margarita, but you don’t have to stick with the traditional one, oh no, live it up.
I love a salted rim with the sweet and sour taste of a margarita and the tequila, oh the tequila, what a great alcohol this is. The thought of it just transcends into party time!! Some of my best and worst nights have included this libation but we won’t go there!!
I know these are martini glasses but they really do work for a frozen margarita too. Just the right size!!
I decided to go for a thick and decadent Frozen Mango Margarita, one of my favorite flavors. Plus the color is so fun too!! I froze the mango so less ice is used. Who wants a watered down drink, now really??!!!
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. Caribbean rum with Mango flavored liquor
- 2 oz. lime juice
- 1 cup diced mango, frozen
- 3 large ice cubes
- Kosher and fine salt
- Run a lime around the edge of a glass and rim with Kosher and fine salt mixed together. Set aside.
- In the cup of a small blender mix tequila and sugar together. Add rum, lime juice, mango and ice. Blend until smooth and fill glasses. Let the festivities begin!!!
Look at how cool and creamy looking this lovely cocktail is, don’t you just want to dive right in!! The flavor of mango hits you right away with a counter punch from the tequila and the rum combination. I was so happy to find rum with mango flavoring!! Perfect!!
Now, to continue with the party we have loads of other recipes for you. Love the creativity of this group!!!
- Blackberry Margarita from Cooking for My Peace of Mind
- Chili Lime Margarita from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chocolate Margaritas from The Texan New Yorker
- Creamsicle Margaritas from Savvy Eats
- Frozen Mango Margarita from Noshing with the Nolands
- Lilikoi Margarita with Li Hung Mui from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Margaritas Gone Wild from Delaware Girl Eats
- Mixed Berry Margarita from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Mom’s Wicked Margarita from Desserts Required
- Pomegranate Margarita from Daily Dish Recipes
- Spicy Raspberry Frozen Margarita from The Weekend Gourmet
- Tamarind Margaritas from girlichef
- The Great Grapefruit Margarita from La Cocina de Leslie
- Tim G’s Margarita from Sidewalk Shoes
- Baked Margarita Chicken Wings from Healthy. Delicious.
- Chambord Margarita Macarons from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Margarita Cake with Sugar Cookie Crust from Gotta Get Baked
- Margarita Cheesecake Bars from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Margarita Cupcakes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Margarita Donuts from Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
- Margarita Mousse from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Margarita Shrimp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Margarita Shrimp Tacos from Supper for a Steal
- Strawberry Margarita Sweet Rolls from The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Top Shelf (Margarita) Truffles from Culinary Adventures with Camilla