I love fruit in season and peaches are so fabulous when they are fresh, sweet and juicy. Love them!! I have seen many recipes using grilled peaches and then came up with this one. You may think that is chocolate sauce drizzled on the peaches but not it is balsamic reduction and it is fabulous!!! Grab some peaches and give this recipe a try. If you don’t want to make your own cake the little cakes that you make strawberry shortcake would work great too!!
- One white cake, 8″ round sliced in half horizontally and cut into 4″ circles, 6 pieces
- 3 peaches sliced in half and the pit removed
- 9 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 18 tsp. brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Balsamic reduction for drizzle
- Brown sugar for garnish
- Brush each half peach with ½ tsp. balsamic vinegar and sprinkle on 1 tsp. brown sugar. Let sit for 20 min. Meanwhile heat up the BBQ to medium heat. Place flat side down on the BBQ and brush ½ tsp. balsamic vinegar on the rounded side of each peach, sprinkle with 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar. When the peaches have nice grill marks turn them over and repeat the glaze with ½ balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp. brown sugar to each half.
- Place the cake rounds on a plates. Slice the peaches in half and place the two slices of peach onto each cake. Place one scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of the peaches. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction and garnish the plate with a little brown sugar. Wow, are these good.