I can’t even remember where we got this pan from. If it was one of my lovely friends and you are reading this please volunteer that you gave it to me or Ken. It seems like we have had it a very long time anyway. Ken has made this a quite a few times now and it is very good. Ken came up with this idea for me to make it for #SundaySupper.
I am always coming up with recipes as you know if you follow along with the blog. I am also to the philosophy if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. This is the case with this recipe. It came with the bundt pan and it is delicious. So thank you Nordic Ware for this recipe. It makes and easy and moist cake with a delicious Mint Chocolate Sauce. There is a pretty pink swirl of peppermint inside the cake too! A wonderful combination of flavors for the holidays.
I think this would make a divine gift. It gives you a chance to use the bundt pan more too! I would be thrilled to receive something that looks like you have slaved forever on and is actually quite easy as you use a cake mix. The addition of the sour cream makes it rich and moist. I hope you enjoy this recipe and it would work great in any bundt pan.
So simple and pretty!
Snowy Tree Tops
Served with a warm Mint Chocolate Sauce, Oh My!
All Wrapped Up and Ready To Go!
- 1 pkg. white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- 4 drops food coloring
- 12 oz. can light evaporated milk
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¾ tsp. peppermint extract
- Colored icing tubes for decorating
- Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl of a standup mixer with a paddle attachment add cake mix, eggs, water, sour cream and oil; blend on low speed for 30 seconds, until moistened, scraping down the bowl. Turn up to medium speed and mix for 2 minutes. Remove one cup of batter and set aside.
- Pour the remaining batter into the prepared bundt pan. Take the reserved one cup of batter and add the red food coloring and peppermint extract. Stir well to combine. Drop by spoonfuls over top of the batter in the bundt pan and with a knife swirl.
- Bake for 45-50 min. until cake springs back or cake tester comes out clean. Cool 10 min. in pan and then turn onto a serving plate.
- In a medium saucepan mix together the milk, chocolate and sugar over medium heat stirring constantly until it begins to boil. Remove from heat and add butter and peppermint extract.
- Decorate the cake as you would like to. I just piped on little red dots with tube icing for ornaments and sprinkled it with icing sugar.
- Serve the cake with the warm chocolate mint sauce.
Now check out all these other ideas for Gifts From the Kitchen!
Breads / Breakfast
- Pumpkin Biscoff Bread – Dinners, Dishes, and Dessert
- All-in-One Beer Bread Kit – girlichef
- Banana Coconut Coffee Cake with Macadamia Nut Streusel – The Lovely Pantry
- Pancake Mix With Apple Cider Syrup and Candied Walnuts – Tora’s Real Food
- Cranberry Hootycreeks – Baker Street
Condiments / Ingredients
- Apple Butter – Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Strawberry Jam – The Meltaways
- Herb Vinegars – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Harissa – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Homemade Vanilla Extract – Flour on my Face
- Homemade Cherry Extract – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Nutella Powder – I Run For Wine
- Apricot Pineapple Rum Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Spiced Cranberry Apricot Almond Chutney – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pumpkin Butter – Family Foodie
Soup and Snacks
- A Soup For You – Momma’s Meals
- Maple Nut Granola - Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sweet and Spicy Curried Nuts – Soni’s Food for Thought
- Roasted Spiced Nuts – Mrs Mama Hen
- Sweet and Spicy Pecans – Supper For a Steal
- Maple Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars – Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Orange Spiced Chickpeas – Home Cooking Memories
- Turtle Pretzels – The Messy Baker
- Rocky Road Candy – Magnolia Days
- Dairyfree Vegan Caramels – Galactosemia in PDX
- Peanut Butter Cookies in a Jar – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- M&M Cookies in a Jar – Damn Delicious
- Monster Cookie Mix in a Jar – What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Biscotti – Meal Planning Magic
- Snickerdoodle Snack Mix – Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Butter and Jam Thumbprint Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Peppermint Stick Cookie Truffles - The Weekend Gourmet
- Nutella Truffles – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Peanut Cajetas (Peanut Fudge) – Basic and Delicious
- Cookie Cutter Fudge – Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Roll – Shockingly Delicious
- Homemade Chocolates – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick – Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate Toffee “Crack” – Ruffles and Truffles
- Holiday Tree Cake – Noshing with the Nolands
- Salted Caramel Cookies – Mama Mommy Mom
- Fruit and Nut Cookies – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Applepie Moonshine - My Catholic Kitchen
- Holiday Spiced Mocha - Daily Dish Recipes
- Homemade Peppermint Mocha Mix - In the Kitchen with KP
- Homemade Kahlua - That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Please join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper on November 11. In the evening we will meet at 7pm EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat.
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag or you can follow us through TweetChat.
We’d also love to feature your own posts for Gifts From the Kitchen on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board to share them with all of our followers, too.