Day 4 of 5 Days of Sandwiches and I bring you an idea that Ken came up with and it is quick, easy and delicious!!! Craving homemade pizza but don’t want the hassle of making the dough. Try a pizza panini. We have a panini maker and nothing could be easier for a delicious sandwich than that!! There are endless combinations you can make that really makes it feel like a meal!! Put your own toppings in. Let the kids design there own!! It is fun, nutritious, easy and fast!! When we are talking sandwiches for dinner you do need to bump it up just slightly but this is not hard at all. ENJOY!!
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. butter, plus more for bread
- 8 slices panini bread
- ½ 7.5 oz. can pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 12 pepperoni slices
- Saute mushrooms and green peppers in ½ Tbsp. butter in a saute pan on medium low heat until tender about 5-7 min.
- Butter the outside of the bread and place on a cutting board. On the opposite side spread a small amount of pizza sauce on both slices. On one slice add 3 slices of pepperoni and ¼ cup of cheese. On the other slice top with a ¼ of the mushrooms and green peppers. Place the sandwich together and cook on the panini press for 4-5 min or until browned on the outside and heated through. Repeat for remaining sandwiches and serve immediately.