I have joined another monthly group and this one is all about salads!! I love a big huge fresh salad for dinner. Nothing better!! There are so many variations it is simply endless. Instead of adding all the links in we have a linky party. So at the bottom of the post click into see all the wonderful recipes. With summer almost here, these will be so helpful for a fast, nutritious and delicious meal.
This month’s theme is berries so that is an easy one!! We all love berries here. The little extra I added to this salad is hemp seeds. I know it conjures up images of marijuana and hippies but it is a different variety of the same cannabis plant. Hemp is a seed, a high protein seed containing all nine of the essential amino acid, just like flax. It also has high amounts of fatty acids and fiber. It contains vitamin E and trace minerals. Hmmm, that’s a pretty nice thing to add to your salad plus it tastes so good. I hope you love all of our salads. ENJOY!!
- 4 cups mixed baby lettuce
- ½ cup cooked chicken
- ⅓ cup raspberries
- 1-2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup light feta
- 1 Tbsp. seedless raspberry jam
- 1 Tbsp. cabernet/merlot balsamic reduction or balsamic reduction
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- In a jar shake all ingredients together.
- Lay the washed baby lettuce on a dinner plate and top with the chicken, raspberries and feta. Sprinkle with the hemp seeds.
- Drizzle with the dressing.