I received a sample of Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil. What a wonderful product to work with, we use a lot of olive oil in this household and we are very familiar with a good quality product. This one fits the bill. Full robust flavor with a smooth finish. I have had olive oils that are bitter and this one has none of that. A great olive oil that can be used in cooking but would also makes a magnificent salad dressing, a versatile olive oil and that is what I prefer work with.
In receiving this great olive oil I wanted to create a dish where it could shine through. This pasta was fantastic and has all the flavors and fullness of any restaurant quality meal. You will love how this olive oil adds the perfect balance to this wonderful meal. Enjoy!!
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped parsely
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Pompeian olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup Pompeian olive oil
- 2 oz. tin anchovy fillets
- 6 large garlic cloves
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. linguini, cooked al dente
- Parsley for garnish
- In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with lemon juice, ¼ cup parsley, crushed red pepper, garlic, salt and olive oil. Set aside to marinate.
- In a large fry pan, saute green pepper and mushrooms in the butter until soft. Add shrimp and cook until just done, 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add the ¼ cup olive oil, anchovies, garlic, red pepper flakes and cook over medium low heat. Break up anchovies with a wooden spoon. Toss linguini in the oil until heated through. Season to taste. Then add the shrimp mixture. Drizzle with more olive oil if you like before serving and garnish with parsley.
- Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray.
Now for something special for you, a $1.00 off coupon of Pompeian Olive Oil.
Follow Pompeian on Facebook for coupons, recipes and more!