I was at the store and bought a flank steak to marinate and BBQ like we usually do. The lovely staff at Co-op were chatting me up and the gentleman that was bagging my groceries said his mom always stuffed and rolled their flank steak. Well that’s all I needed to try something different. The challenge was on. I took the flank steak and butterflied it, not an easy task!! Ask your butcher to do this for you. This is a nice fall meal maybe with some roasted potatoes and grilled veggies. Enjoy!!
- 1½-2 lb. flank steak, butterflied, giving you two pieces
- ½ cup packed basil, chopped
- 1 340 ml. jar roasted red peppers, diced fine
- ½ cup light feta, crumbled
- Montreal steak spice
- Seasoning salt
- Pound out butterflied flank steak to tenderize. Mix basil, red peppers and feta together and spread evenly on both steaks. Roll up and tie with a string in 3 places. Season the outside with the steak spice and seasoning salt.
- Heat the BBQ to high for 5-10min. then reduce to low and grill on all sides for approx. 5 min. each for total of 15-20 min. for medium rare or until meat thermometer reads 125-130F. Tent with foil and let rest 5 min. before slicing.