The Olympics are just around the corner and this year is the first for Women’s Ski Jumping. How exciting that we have a Canadian team going to represent us!!
Lesley Stowe’s Raincoast Crisps are a proud sponsor of the Canadian Women’s Ski Jump Team. Here are some recipes from team members Atsuko Tanaka, Taylor Henrich and Alexandra Pretorius.
First off is this scrumptious looking Atsuko’s Flight Avocado & Green Pea Dip!!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) lime juice
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) sweet green peas,
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) sea salt
- cayenne or hot sauce
- Spoon out the avocado flesh and put into a food processor.
- Add the lime juice and garlic. Add the green peas and salt, then
- process until you have a smooth puree. Add cayenne or hot
- sauce for a kick. Serve with Raincoast Seed Crisps.
Lesley Stowe’s crackers have been my favorite for a long time. They add such great flavor to any recipe!!
Next up is Taylor’s Take Off Olive & Fig Tapenade
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh figs, quartered
- 1 cup (250 mL) pitted niçoise olives or
- other brined black olives
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) capers, drained
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp. (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, roughly chop the figs. Add the olives,
- capers, garlic and thyme; pulse until combined and slightly
- coarse. Add the oil and lemon juice; pulse to combine. Season
- to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to
- serve. Serve with Raincoast Fig and Olive Crisps.
You will love serving Alexandra’s Inrun Caramelized Onion Blue Cheese Dip!!!
- ½ medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. (15mL) olive oil
- ¼ cup (50mL) mayonnaise
- ¾ cup (175mL) sour cream
- 3 oz. (85g) blue cheese (Roquefort,
- Danish blue or stilton)
- 6 oz. (170g) cream cheese
- 4 tsp. (20mL) fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan to medium-low add onion,
- cover and cook until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally,
- about 20 mins. Cool.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and sour cream in a medium bowl
- add the blue cheese and cream cheese mash with a rubber
- spatula until smooth. Stir in caramelized onion. Season to taste
- with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with
- Raincoast Cranberry Hazelnut Crisps or wheat-free Raincoast
- Rosemary Oat Crisps.
Go, Go, Go Team Canada!!!