12 Days of Christmas-Chocolate Crinkles
I used to make these 12 Days of Christmas-Chocolate Crinkles as a kid and I called them “molten lava cookies”. They are cool to watch bake in the oven as they transform from a round ball to a flattened cookie with great cracks and crevices.
Not only do they look good but they taste divine with their fudgy brownie-like interior. I have not made these for so many years and so happy I did again this year.
These cookies make such a pretty show to any cookie platter or box. They are easy to make too!!
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Mix oil, chocolate, and sugar together in a bowl of a standup mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together and add to the oil mixture in two additions.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F. Taking a teaspoon of the dough roll it into a ball and then roll into the icing sugar. Place 2" apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 min. Do not over bake.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 68Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Adapted from Betty Crocker’s Cooky Book