Apple Butterscotch Cookies
I have joined another group of like-minded bloggers who love COOKIES!!!!! Nothing better than a great tasting, delicious cookie. This month’s theme is fun, it screams fall and it is APPLES!!
Not the most traditional of cookie ingredients but one that I was more than willing to take on.
This cookie is not mine originally. The base of it is from a wonderfully generous and amazing friend, Angie Girous-Shilladay who sacrifices her time, money, and energy to go around the world once a year and build homes or facilities for impoverished nations.
A truly wonderful person and one who I support totally in her mission. She generously made delicious cookies in exchange for a donation for her next trip abroad. They were the best cookies ever!!
They inspired me to make these Apple Butterscotch Cookies for my daughter’s volleyball team. They loved them, they raved about them, they are still talking about them!!
They were one of the best cookies I have ever made and will for sure make them again. I hope you try them too!! So easy and so delicious. ENJOY!!!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 300 gm. bag butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped dried apple
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, cream softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheet, or use parchment paper or Silpat liners.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 117Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Want to join in the Creative Cookie Exchange fun? Here’s how:
1. Write a blog post with a recipe and the original photo (please include some language here specific to that month’s theme). We would like the recipe to be one you’re making for the first time, and photos must be original.
2. Post the Cookie Exchange logo somewhere on your blog post so others can join in the fun:
3. Make a good faith effort to visit and comment on the other cookies in the Linky party. We all love cookies so that should be easy!
4. LIKE the Creative Cookie Exchange Facebook Page
5. FOLLOW the Creative Cookie Exchange Pinterest Board
6. LINK your blog post below using the Linky tool
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Facebook page, our Pinterest Board, and our monthly posts. You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration for this month’s theme, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made so far:
- Almond Apple Cider Snickerdoodles from If I Ever Owned A Bakery…
- Apple Butterscotch Cookies from Noshing With The Nolands
- Apple Walnut Cream Cheese Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Brandy Apple Bars from KarenTrina Childress
- Browned Butter Applesauce Bars from Food Lust People Love
- Butterscotch Apple Pie Cookies from At Home With Rebecka
- Caramel-Stuffed Apple Cider Spice Cookies from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Cider Snaps from Cookie Dough & Oven Mitt
- Iced Apple Drop Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Salted Caramel Apple Popcorn Cookies from It’s Yummi!
- Streusel Topped Apple Oatmeal Bars from The Spiced Life
This is a BLOG HOP, click on it to see!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…