There were rave reviews about this Apple Crisp from the girls tonight for Friday Night Cooking Class. I have been making this same recipe for years. I love the simplicity and the taste of this recipe! The topping is wonderfully crisp and sweet, but not too sweet.
The apples are a little tart and a little sweet. In my mind, there is nothing better than a bowl of warm apple crisp with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
- 5 cups sliced tart apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, quick-cooking
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the sliced apples into a buttered 9″ pie plate.
- In a large bowl mix the brown sugar, flour, oats, and cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Lightly press over apples completely covering the top of the pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 min. or until apples are soft and topping is lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 300Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g