Asparagus with Garlic Chips and Goat Cheese
Day 4 of 5 Days of Spring Veggies. The first veggie that pops into my head is asparagus. Yes, we can get it all year round but the prices start to come down now. I love asparagus done anyway which way or just plainly steamed.
Today I paired it with some bold flavors and it easily stands up to them to create Asparagus with Garlic Chips and Goat Cheese. Don’t over brown your garlic as it will get bitter tasting.
Just a nice light browning. This would pair great with a big juicy grilled steak. It is simple and easy and made in no time. Try it tonight, you will love it. ENJOY!!!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, washed and bottom ends snapped off
- 2 large cloves garlic, sliced
- 1-2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Olive oil
- In a small frypan over medium-low heat add 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Fry garlic chips until lightly brown, remove onto paper-lined plate and salt.
- Steam asparagus in a shallow saute pan in a small amount of water for 2-3 min. depending on the width or until just tender and bright green.
- Remove to a serving dish. Sprinkle with the goat cheese and garlic chips.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 70Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust