Day 4 of 5 Days of Spring Veggies. First veggie that pops into my head is asparagus. Yes, we can get it all year round but the prices start to come down now. I love asparagus done anyway which way or just plainly steamed. Today I paired it with some bold flavors and it easily stands up to them. Don’t over brown your garlic as it will get bitter tasting. Just a nice light browning. This would pair great with a big juicy grilled steak. It is simple and easy and made in no time. Try it tonight, you will love it. ENJOY!!!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, washed and bottom ends snapped off
- 2 large cloves garlic, sliced
- 1-2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Olive oil
- In a small fry pan over medium low heat add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Fry garlic chips until lightly brown, remove onto paper lined plate and salt.
- Steam asparagus in a shallow saute pan in a small amount of water for 2-3 min. depending on width or until just tender and bright green. Remove to a serving dish. Sprinkle with the goat cheese and garlic chips. Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.