Baked Potato Soup
I did a few copycat Panera soup recipes and over the next while I will be sharing them with you. I could have soup at least once a day. There are so many to choose from, an endless variety of choices!!
This soup has all the flavors of a baked potato added right in, it is crazy delicious and a meal onto itself!!
- 5 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 x 900 ml. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. basil
- 9 strips thick cut smoked bacon, cooked until crisp
- 2 cups homo milk
- 1 Tbsp. freeze dried chives
- 4 Tbsp. corn starch mixed with 6 Tbsp. homo milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Green onion, for garnish
- Simmer potatoes in the chicken broth with the thyme and basil until tender but not falling apart. Add the crumbled bacon, homo milk and chives. Salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer. Add the cornstarch and milk and stir until it thickens and simmers again. Serve each bowl topped with cheddar cheese and green onion. Even better served the next day!!