Baked Potato Soup
I did a few copycat Panera soup recipes and over the next while, I will be sharing them with you. I could have soup at least once a day and this Baked Potato Soup is no exception. There are so many to choose from, an endless variety of choices!!
This soup has all the flavors of baked potatoes added right in, it is crazy delicious and a meal onto itself!!
Look at the big scrumptious piece of bacon, it really eats like a meal!! Thick, creamy and hearty. Your whole family will love this and it is fast and easy to make!!
- 5 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 x 900 ml. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. basil
- 9 strips thick-cut smoked bacon, cooked until crisp
- 2 cups homo milk
- 1 Tbsp. freeze-dried chives
- 4 Tbsp. corn starch mixed with 6 Tbsp. homo milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Green onion, for garnish
- Simmer potatoes in the chicken broth with the thyme and basil until tender but not falling apart.
- Add the crumbled bacon, homo milk, and chives. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer. Add the cornstarch and milk and stir until it thickens and simmers again.
- Serve each bowl topped with cheddar cheese and green onion.
- Even better served the next day!!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 212Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 1035mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.