When I saw this #SundaySupper I had no idea what to make. I knew it wasn’t going to be Tuna Noodle Casserole, not that there is anything wrong with that, it just wasn’t where I wanted to go with this.
Instead of decreasing ingredients to make it work for this #SundaySupper I wanted to up the game!! Flipping through Fine Cooking magazine gave me exactly what I wanted to do.
Taking a simple steak and making it out of this world!! I tweaked it slightly and I give you this divine steak that will make it seem like you fussed all day but actually you can pull this together in no time!!
And you don’t have to stand outside and freeze you tuckus off in those winter months barbecuing. Salt and pepper are free and the parsley is an optional ingredient. Accompany with simple boiled potatoes and asparagus if you like. Enjoy!!!
- 4 1 1/2-2" thick beef tenderloins, 6-7 oz. each
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 oz. Stilton cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, optional
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Let the steaks come to room temperature and pat dry, salt and pepper to taste. Heat a cast iron pan over medium high heat for 2 min. then add the oil and cook the steaks for 3 min. per side.
- Meanwhile mix cheese, butter and pecans together. Chop parsley if using.
- Once steaks are done transfer the pan to the oven for 5-6 min. using a meat thermometer to make sure it has reached 125F for medium rare. Remove the steaks from the skillet and top with the cheese topping, cover with tin foil and let rest for 5 min. Sprinkle with the optional parsley and serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 436Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 344mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Adapted from the Fine Cooking magazine
Here are all the delicious contributions for this week’s Dishes in 5 Ingredients or less.
Breakfast, Starters, Butters, and Jams:
- Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes – Kimchi Mom
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal – Home Cooking Memories
- GlutenFree Apricot Bacon Onion and Cheese Spread or Dip – Cooking Underwriter
- Caprese Bites – My Catholic Kitchen
- So Simple Pizza Puffs – Hip Foodie Mom
- Toast Topper #11: Allspice Peach Butter – What Smells So Good?
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta – I Run For Wine
- Gulasch – Galactosemia in PDX
- Spaghetti with Kale and Sausage – Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes – Juanita’s Cocina
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches – Supper for a Steal
- Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce – Magnolia Days
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinated Flank – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter – Noshing With The Nolands
- Creamy Ham Linguine – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza – Momma’s Meals
- Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Stuffed Shells – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Potato Kugel – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Garlic Butter Fried Rice – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Jalapeno – Comfy Cuisine
- Freezable Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches – Big Bear’s Wife
- Nutella Ice Cream – Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M’s – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Mango Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Silvered Almonds – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Macaroons – Pippis In the Kitchen Again
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt – Damn Delicious
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
- Easy Chocolate Chilli Fudge – Soni’s Food for Thought
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry Doughnuts – The Weekend Gourmet
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – In The Kitchen With KP
- Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream – Basic N Delicious
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Five Most Food Friendly Wines – ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
If you would like to CHAT with us personally….Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm(Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite 5 Ingredient Recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your easy go-to recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!