When I saw this #SundaySupper I had no idea what to make. I knew it wasn’t going to be Tuna Noodle Casserole, not that there is anything wrong with that, it just wasn’t where I wanted to go with this.
Instead of decreasing ingredients to make it work for this #SundaySupper I wanted to up the game!! Flipping through Fine Cooking magazine gave me exactly what I wanted to do.
Taking a simple steak and making it out of this world!! I tweaked it slightly and I give you this divine steak that will make it seem like you fussed all day but actually you can pull this together in no time!!
And you don’t have to stand outside and freeze you tuckus off in those winter months barbecuing. Salt and pepper are free and the parsley is an optional ingredient. Accompany with simple boiled potatoes and asparagus if you like. Enjoy!!!
Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter for Dishes in 5 Ingredients or less #SundaySupper
A divine steak to WOW your company!!
- 4 1 1/2-2" thick beef tenderloins, 6-7 oz. each
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 oz. Stilton cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, optional
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Let the steaks come to room temperature and pat dry, salt and pepper to taste. Heat a cast iron pan over medium high heat for 2 min. then add the oil and cook the steaks for 3 min. per side.
- Meanwhile mix cheese, butter and pecans together. Chop parsley if using.
- Once steaks are done transfer the pan to the oven for 5-6 min. using a meat thermometer to make sure it has reached 125F for medium rare. Remove the steaks from the skillet and top with the cheese topping, cover with tin foil and let rest for 5 min. Sprinkle with the optional parsley and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 436Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 344mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Adapted from the Fine Cooking magazine
Here are all the delicious contributions for this week’s Dishes in 5 Ingredients or less.
Breakfast, Starters, Butters, and Jams:
- Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes – Kimchi Mom
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal – Home Cooking Memories
- GlutenFree Apricot Bacon Onion and Cheese Spread or Dip – Cooking Underwriter
- Caprese Bites – My Catholic Kitchen
- So Simple Pizza Puffs – Hip Foodie Mom
- Toast Topper #11: Allspice Peach Butter – What Smells So Good?
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta – I Run For Wine
- Gulasch – Galactosemia in PDX
- Spaghetti with Kale and Sausage – Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes – Juanita’s Cocina
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches – Supper for a Steal
- Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce – Magnolia Days
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinated Flank – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter – Noshing With The Nolands
- Creamy Ham Linguine – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza – Momma’s Meals
- Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Stuffed Shells – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Potato Kugel – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Garlic Butter Fried Rice – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Jalapeno – Comfy Cuisine
- Freezable Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches – Big Bear’s Wife
- Nutella Ice Cream – Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M’s – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Mango Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Silvered Almonds – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Macaroons – Pippis In the Kitchen Again
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt – Damn Delicious
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
- Easy Chocolate Chilli Fudge – Soni’s Food for Thought
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry Doughnuts – The Weekend Gourmet
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – In The Kitchen With KP
- Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream – Basic N Delicious
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Five Most Food Friendly Wines – ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
If you would like to CHAT with us personally….Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm(Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite 5 Ingredient Recipes! All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your easy go-to recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!
Comments & Reviews
baker street says
I absolutely love the pecan, butter and cheese topping. Sounds incredible! 🙂
Paula @ Vintage Kitchen says
The addition of pecans is awesome! I can never have enough good recipes with meat. Have a nice sunday Tara!
Eileen Gross | Wine Everyday says
Wow, like a whole meal all on top of that steak. You are right, looks like you slaved away in the kitchen all day. This would be great for a dinner party, leaves you more time to mingle with your guests.
Jen @ Juanita's Cocina says
This is EXACTLY what I would want on my steak. I’ve seen less appealing steaks at restaurants! Gorgeous Tara!
I just love the stilton, pecan topping,on your steak!Gorgeous 🙂
I love the idea of the Stilton and pecan topping! And we have some pecans in the freezer at the moment. And it’s been ages since we’ve had steak. Hmmm . . . 😉 Really nice recipe with great flavors. Thanks so much.
Family Foodie says
Beautiful recipe! Perfect for #SundaySupper.
Tammi @ Momma's Meals says
WOW, this looks delish! Very impressive! 🙂 I’ve been looking for a beef tenderloin recipe for ages, this is a must try!
Karen Hartzell (@InTheKitchenKP) says
I would not be turning that tenderloin down! WOW! Looks incredible and I am sure it tastes amazing too!
Martin D. Redmond says
Wow! This looks great! Definitely adding to my recipe “To Do” list!
Lane @ Supper for a Steal says
I almost picked up some Stilton today. Wish I would have because I would definitely be adding this to our menu this week. Soon I will for sure. Looks delicious.
Simply divine! What a great way to serve and present a delicious steak!
Laura Hunter says
My husband LOVES stilton and pecans. I have been trying really hard to develop a taste for stilton but haven’t succeeded yet. But I am always willing to try and making this would make my husband so happy so I might have to plan a special meal for him. 🙂
veronica gantley says
Stilton and beef go well together. It is something that almost everyone has in the pantry. IT would make a quick week night meal.
Katherine Martinelli says
So delicious and elegant! What a great 5-ingredient recipe.
Stilton cheese?! OH WOW! This is definitely going on my “must make the next time I entertain and want to impress” list…. wow.
That is one delicious looking steak! Wonderful picture.
Ooh that butter sounds delicious! My grandfather would have loved that
Tara, this is a winner!!! I made a blue cheese sauce last weekend for our steaks, but this Stilton butter sounds even better! Happy #SundaySupper!
Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts says
Dang, fine dining at its best with only 5 ingredients!! That looks amazing!
I cannot even describe how much I want to make this dish. Pecans, stilton, butter, steak, oh my stars!!!
Faye Leong says
What a great idea to add in pecan into this dish! You have made it with only 5 ingredients and it’s so wonderful!
OOH! I love the butter! I buy my tenderloin whole and I know this sounds awful – but we get bored with it. This is a great recipe to bring some new flavors to the wonderful piece of meat.
Kim Bee says
Holy moly, way to take the challenge and elevate it to the next level. I am so impressed by this recipe. It just looks divine.
Amy Kim (@kimchi_mom) says
This is a divine combination! Stilton and steak?! Take me now!
I’m not a big beef eater, but this looks delish! Very fancy!
Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom says
Oh my goodness! This Beef Tenderloin looks WONDERFUL! Great photo! Can’t wait to try this recipe! 🙂
Noshing with the Nolands says
Thank you to everyone that has come over to see what we had cooking for #SundaySupper. I am so glad you liked it.
This looks like a perfect “date night” meal! Saving for such an ocassion.
Noshing with the Nolands says
It was very yummy!!
How gourmet is this?! I can smell it through your gorgeous pictures. Love this dish and all of the wonderful flavors!
Noshing with the Nolands says
Thanks for much for coming by and it is too bad I don’t have smellovision!!