I really felt like making muffins, like these Blueberry Muffins. As a foodie half of it for me is thinking of an idea, researching, developing, trying, making, baking, and then finally eating.
It is the process that I love the most, of course, the final outcome is important but getting there is half the fun. Ken and I talk about food all the time, creating and testing ideas out in each other’s brains even before any ingredient has been actually brought out.
I wanted to make a cranberry lemon muffin (and I did, which you will see later) but Amber talked me into her favorite first, Blueberry Muffins!!
I went to Ida’s Barefoot Series of Cookbooks as I have made some of her muffin recipes before. The one that I adapted from this time had a big crunchy and yes yummy streusel topping but Amber nor myself wanted that.
I also amped up the healthy with some whole wheat flour. Well, they are all gone, disappeared in a flash. Not a drop of butter is needed with these moist muffins, just break into them and start eating!! ENJOY!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk, shaken
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups blueberries
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Preheat oven to 375F.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In another bowl mix together all the other ingredients but the blueberries.
- Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture using a fork and mix until just blended. Fold in the blueberries and do not over mix!
- Fill the muffin liners until almost full. Bake 20-25 min. until golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 and then pop out onto a rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 159Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.