California Layered Salad
The instant I saw it I knew I had to make it. This is a fantastic recipe that I have since made for my family and then made it again a week later for the company. Everyone loved it!!
It is so simple, plus I love all the ingredients that go into it and it is a make-ahead recipe. Win, win, win!!!
Wendy has a gorgeous site where she does fabulous recipes, restaurant, and product reviews and is the founder of #TheSaladBar, a monthly group that I recently joined.
She works full time so I have no idea how she does it all. Amazing!!
You have to check out her recipe on her site with all of her lovely pictures. She does a fantastic job of step by step instruction, something that I don’t do on my site.
Her pictures will entice you to make this salad too!!
Use a bowl that is bigger than your salad ingredients and then just before serving you can easily toss it in the same bowl. Look at all those layers of yumminess!!! ENJOY!!
- 4 oz. mixed baby greens
- 3/4 cup defrosted frozen corn kernels
- 9 oz. package fresh cheese tortellini, cooked and cooled
- Vinaigrette of choice
- 2 small avocados, diced
- Juice of half a lime
- Seasoning of choice, I used Epicure Three Onion Dip Mix
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup small cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely diced purple or green onion
- In a glass bowl place the greens in the bottom, followed by the corn and then the tortellini.
- Drizzle your favorite vinaigrette over the tortellini. Top with the avocado, putting more towards the outside so you can see it on the outside of the dish.
- Sprinkle the avocado with lime juice and your seasoning of choice. Spread the ranch dressing over the avocados. Top with the bacon, tomatoes, cheeses, and onion.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Toss just before serving!!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 488Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 832mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 14g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.