Ken is back at it in the kitchen and on his new grill!! He can’t just make a plain old burger, oh no! He is always crafting some awesome feast for us in the kitchen and today I bring you this ultimate burger.
Delicious Italian sausage was added to the lean beef, onions were slowly caramelized and mushrooms lovingly sauteed, to all be served on a gorgeous ciabatta bun. We are very lucky folks here!!
Burgers are great all summer long, and there are endless combinations. I was vying for a bison blueberry burger from him but I will take this gorgeous one any day!!
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- Salt and Pepper
- 7 oz. white button mushroom, sliced
- 1.5 lb. extra lean beef
- 1 lb. Mild Italian sausage
- ¼ cups bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Ciabatta Buns
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella, cheddar blend
- Slices of tomato
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Saute onions in a large pan with the olive oil. Once the onions start to brown, add the mushroom, salt and pepper, continue cooking until mushrooms are soft and onions are caramelized. Set aside.
- Mix the beef, Italian sausage, bread crumbs, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper together. Form into 6-8 patties. Grill on a medium hot BBQ cooking on each side for 6-8 min. until cooked through. Place a small amount of the cheese mixture on each burger and cook until melted.
- Serve each cheeseburger with the onion mushroom mixture on a ciabatta bun with fresh tomato and lettuce. Add other condiments if you like.