Carrot Curry Soup
I love fast soup like this Carrot Curry Soup for weekday nights in the winter. Something that doesn’t have to simmer for hours to develop an amazing taste. With a quick stop at the grocery store, you can have this soup whipped up in no time.
For weekday meals I use already prepared garlic, ginger, lemongrass, etc. It saves you so much prep time and you will always have it ready in your fridge. Gourmet Gardens has a great line of products for this.
Make extra and throw it in the freezer for a quick lunch or dinner. I love doing that with soup.
Even put them in individual containers and you have lunch for your children. Way better than a canned product!!
Served rustic or elegant, this soup will take you a long way!!
- 4 cloves garlic or equivalent garlic paste
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. lemongrass paste
- 2 Tbsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil
- 3 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1100 ml. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup 2% evaporated milk or coconut milk
- Saute onion and garlic in 1 Tbsp. coconut oil until translucent. Add curry, lemongrass paste, ginger, cumin, and salt and stir cooking for 1 min.
- Add 1 Tbsp. butter, add the carrots and celery, saute for 3 min.
- Add chicken/vegetable stock, simmer for 30 min. until carrots are tender.
- Puree with an immersion blender. Add evaporated milk and correct seasoning to taste.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 660Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 598mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 42g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.