Carrot Curry Soup
I love a fast soup for weekday nights in the winter. Something that doesn’t have to simmer for hours to develop an amazing taste. With a quick stop at the grocery store you can have this soup whipped up in no time. For weekday meals I use already prepared garlic, ginger, lemongrass, etc. It saves you so much prep time and you will always have it ready in your fridge. Gourmet Gardens has a great line of products for this.
Make extra and throw it in the freezer for a quick lunch or dinner. I love doing that with a soup. Even put them in individual containers and you have lunch for your children. Way better than a canned product!!
- 4 cloves garlic or equivalent garlic paste
- ½ large red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. lemongrass paste
- 2 Tbsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil
- 3 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1100 ml. chicken or vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup 2% evaporated milk or coconut milk
- Saute onion and garlic in 1 Tbsp. coconut oil until translucent. Add curry, lemongrass paste, ginger, cumin and salt and stir cooking for 1 min. Add 1 Tbsp. butter, add the carrots and celery, saute for 3 min. Add chicken/vegetable stock, simmer for 30 min. until carrots are tender. Puree with an immersion blender. Add evaporated milk and correct seasoning.