Carrot Curry Soup
I love fast soup like this Carrot Curry Soup for weekday nights in the winter. Something that doesn’t have to simmer for hours to develop an amazing taste. With a quick stop at the grocery store, you can have this soup whipped up in no time.
For weekday meals I use already prepared garlic, ginger, lemongrass, etc. It saves you so much prep time and you will always have it ready in your fridge. Gourmet Gardens has a great line of products for this.
Make extra and throw it in the freezer for a quick lunch or dinner. I love doing that with soup.
Even put them in individual containers and you have lunch for your children. Way better than a canned product!!
Served rustic or elegant, this soup will take you a long way!!
Carrot Curry Soup
A quick soup that is full of amazing flavor!!
- 4 cloves garlic or equivalent garlic paste
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. lemongrass paste
- 2 Tbsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil
- 3 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1100 ml. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup 2% evaporated milk or coconut milk
- Saute onion and garlic in 1 Tbsp. coconut oil until translucent. Add curry, lemongrass paste, ginger, cumin, and salt and stir cooking for 1 min.
- Add 1 Tbsp. butter, add the carrots and celery, saute for 3 min.
- Add chicken/vegetable stock, simmer for 30 min. until carrots are tender.
- Puree with an immersion blender. Add evaporated milk and correct seasoning to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 660Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 598mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 42g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Comments & Reviews
Jennifer | The Deliberate Mom says
I just LOVE soups and can’t get enough of them during these long winter months!
This sounds and looks delightful.
Thanks for sharing.
Noshing with the Nolands says
Thanks so much Jennifer!!