Cauliflower Crust Pizza
This Cauliflower Crust Pizza was inspired when I was looking for a gluten-free vegetarian pizza for a friend of mine Miranda. I was also influenced to try this by my other friend Sonia both raving how fantastic it was and they were right!!!! Ken was head over heels for this pizza too!!
We made it on my stoneware but it could easily be done on a baking sheet. You have to try this one to believe how good it is. So healthy but so delicious. The original recipe was found on Healthy Damy so have a look over there also.
In our house, we always try to do at least one vegetarian meal a week!! I think that it is important to eat a variety of foods and having a meatless meal once a week is a healthy choice for us. Don’t get me wrong we enjoy our beef, pork, and poultry but it is nice to mix it up!
- 2 cups grated cauliflower, using a handheld grater or chopped finely in the food processor
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Frank’s red hot sauce
- 4 large mushrooms thinly sliced, sauteed until browned
- 1/3 cup each fresh baby spinach leaves, light feta crumbled and grated low fat mozzarella
- 1/4 cup basil tomato sauce or enough to cover the bottom of the crust leaving a border around the outside
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cook cauliflower in the microwave for 8 min. without water and watching towards the end not to burn.
- Meanwhile whisk egg whites, mozzarella, oregano, parsley, and hot sauce together.
- Add cauliflower cooling slightly.
- At this point, you can add the mixture into a food processor and finely grind but I omitted this step.
- Press mixture into a 9″ round stoneware pan or shape into a circle on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 min. until lightly brown.
- Spread on tomato sauce and then top with mushrooms, spinach, feta, and mozzarella.
- Continue to bake 3-4 min. watching carefully not to burn. Place under the broiler to finish. Slice into wedges and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 101Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 376mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.