Here is a really good springtime soup. I had some leftover lobster and a head of cauliflower so I created this Cauliflower Lobster Soup as we had no dinner planned!! I had to come up with something quick!!
Thinking we had leftovers in the fridge from Easter dinner I wasn’t worried, but Ken was very efficient in packing everything up and freezing it. We do a lot of freezing so we have delicious dinners ready throughout the week.
Between meal planning, I usually write up a menu for the week. Having frozen homemade dinners at the ready we don’t eat out that often unless it is for a reason, not just to grab dinner. I think it is a lot healthier.
Again I digress, onto the soup. This I completely came up with myself and it was strictly what we had on hand. The soup was made quickly and we all loved it. I saved some for my lunch the next day. Sooooo yummy!!
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 900 ml. carton chicken stock + 1 284 ml. can of chicken stock
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh grating of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup lobster, diced into small pieces
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- garlic croutons, for garnish
- olive oil, for garnish
- parsley, for garnish
- Heat the canola oil in a saute pan
- Add onion, carrot, and celery and saute until softened.
- Add the cauliflower, chicken stock, thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring up to a boil and simmer until the cauliflower is nice and tender.
- Remove from the heat and using a handheld blender whip soup until smooth.
- Add in nutmeg and asiago and stir until melted.
- Add in lobster and whipping cream.
- Serve in bowls and top with garlic croutons, a drizzle of olive oil and a garnish of parsley. You will love it!!!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 411Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 787mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 20g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.