Chanterelle Mushroom and Brie Pastries
I am on a mushroom kick lately!! Love the little shrooms!! Ken made these divine little Chanterelle Mushroom and Brie Pastries for us when we had company the other day. He popped them in the freezer until ready to serve and they were fantastic!!
I came across this company when we were are the Art Market before Christmas. They were kind enough to supply me with these amazing mushrooms.
Untamed Feast has awesome wild mushroom products. We used their Chanterelles that have been Alder smoked and Wine Cask Aged and they are out of this world fantastic. What a wonderful rich flavor they have!! They will completely change any recipe you have with their distinctive flavor. This appetizer will be a huge hit at your next dinner party and so easy to make.
Come and see all the wild products Untamed Feast has to offer from wild mushrooms to the soup, risotto, and more. You will love their products.
- 10 large white mushrooms, 1/4 " diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp. dried crushed rosemary
- 1 pkg. (20 gm.) Untamed Feast Chanterelles
- Salt and pepper
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small wheel of Brie
- 10 sheet of phyllo pastry
- Soak the Chanterelles in 2 cups water for 20 min., drain saving the water if you like for another use, squeeze out moisture, and dice.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. butter in a medium fry pan and saute onion for 1-2 min. Add the white mushrooms and saute until their liquid has been released, add the chanterelles, rosemary, and salt and pepper and continue cooking until the liquid is evaporated.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Melt the last 4 Tbsp. butter. Slice the brie into 20 even pieces. Layout the phyllo pastry and butter one sheet, reserving the rest under a damp towel.
- Lay another sheet on top. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter cut the phyllo into four pieces width-wise. Place a spoonful of mushroom on each piece and a slice of brie. Roll up tucking the ends in halfway. Place on a cookie sheet seam side down and butter tops.
- Bake for 9-12 min. until golden brown. Let rest 5 min. before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 48Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.