Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa for #SundaySupper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. hazelnuts
- 140 gm. chevre cheese, plain
- 250 gm. package light cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- Butter for the springform pan
- 3 red peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Crackers for serving
- For the salsa, preheat the broiler. Broil the peppers and jalapenos on a baking sheet until just slightly singed on the edges.
- Turn and continue to broil until softened about 15 to 20min. You might not want to have the pepper really close to the broiler element as you don't want them blackened.
- In a bowl stir together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper. Add the mango.
- Without peeling coarsely chop the red pepper and finely chop the jalapenos. Stir into the mango mixture and add the cilantro.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously coat an 8 1/2" springform pan with butter.
- In a food processor whirl the bread crumbs and the hazelnuts. Press lightly into the buttered pan. Coat up the sides of the pan also about 1".
- Wipe out the processor and whirl together the chevre and cream cheese. Add the eggs, garlic, chives and salt and pepper, and whirl to mix well.
- Pour over crumbs and spread evenly. Bake for 35-40 min. until the center seems firm when jiggled. Let cool at least 10 min.
- About 20 min. before serving let the salsa come to room temperature. Serve slices of the chevre torte with the salsa and Melba toasts like crackers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 239Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 9g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
- Garlic and Goat by Supper for a Steal
- Homemade Velveeta Cheese by Juanitas Cocina
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Crisps by BigBearsWife
- Paneer Tikka Masala by Kimchi Mom
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Ricotta Croquettes by Basic N Delicious
- Cheeseburger Soup by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lox and Cream Cheese Mini Omelettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Filling by Soni’s Food
- Roasted Pears with Pecorino by Happy Baking Days
- Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese Salad by The Catholic Foodie
- Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Dairy-free Ice Cream Cake by Galactosemia in PDX
- Old Fashioned Caramel Cake by There and Back Again
- Flourless Chocolate Bean Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Dense Chocolate Cherry Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Almond Polenta Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Banana Split Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze by NeighborFood
- Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Lime Cheesecake Bites by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Crusts by Cupcakes and Pearls
- Savory Shrimp Cheesecake with Herbs and Garlic by Food Lust People Love
- Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by Cookistry
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites by Mom, What’s For Dinner?