Chicken Fried Rice
The girls had fun making Chicken Fried Rice for Friday Night Cooking Class this week. We had Jenna over to help with this wonderful recipe. The Asian flavours are fabulous and I love the fact that you can add pretty much whatever you like to your creation.
The girls started off making a pomegranate sparkler and then went about chopping up the veggies.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. each garlic & ginger, minced
- 1/2 red onion & red pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced thinly
- 3-4 asparagus, chopped into small chunks
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 cups cooked cold rice, make the rice the night before
- 1 cup snow peas, cut in half
- 3 green onions, cut on the diagonal
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Large pinch of crushed red peppers
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Heat butter in a wok over medium heat and scramble eggs.
- Remove and set aside.
- Heat canola and sesame oils in the wok over med/high heat, add garlic, ginger, red onion, red pepper, celery, and asparagus and cook for 2 min. stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken and cooked rice, mixing well and heating through.
- Add snow peas, green onions, cilantro, crushed red peppers, and sesame seeds.
- Combine the soy sauce and lime juice in a small bowl and add the mixture to wok stirring constantly.
- Add the scrambled egg back into the wok and heat through.
- Divide into individual bowls garnished with the bean sprouts.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 308Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g