Chicken Noodle Soup
This is the best soup at any time of the year. Nothing better than a good old fashioned big bowl of chicken noodle soup. Cures what ails you!!!
This is an easy recipe using the carcass of a pre-roasted chicken from the store. I like to cook it in chicken broth, you won’t believe how much flavor you get!!!
You can have this soup on the table in no time and it looks like you slaved all day!!! Save the other half of the chicken for sandwiches.
I used butternut squash instead of carrots and it gave such a nice flavor. Everyone raved over this soup. Enjoy!!
- 2-900 ml. chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- Pre roasted chicken, meat removed and carcass reserved
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 butternut squash, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Bay leaf
- 2 1/2 cups no yolk egg noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot add the broth, water, and chicken carcass. Boil for 30-40 min.
- Drain reserving the broth and discarding the carcass.
- In the same pot add the olive oil and heat over medium heat. Saute the onion, squash, and celery, until the onion is translucent.
- Add back the broth with the bay leaf. Bring to a boil and add 1/2 of the chicken reserving the other 1/2 for another use.
- Add the egg noodles and cook per manufacturer's instructions. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 450Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 1125mgSodium: 1305mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 24g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.