Four Cheese Sauce, Chicken and Tortellini Casserole
Day 4 of 5 days of casseroles coming your way!! Today I wanted to show you one with chicken, Four Cheese Sauce, Chicken and Tortellini Casserole. If you pick up an all ready cooked chicken or use leftover turkey, dinner can be so much faster!! Make a delicious homemade cheese sauce, toss it all together and put it in the oven for 1/2 hour, dinner is then served!!
Don’t you just love a rich creamy cheesy sauce with loads of flavor. That’s why I upped this to a four cheese sauce to give this casserole the ultimate in cheesiness but still so easy for a weeknight meal!!! I hope you try this. ENJOY!!!
- 9 oz. package cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, cut into florets and steamed for 2 min.
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 10 oz. cooked chicken, cut into small bite sized pieces
- ⅓ cup fine bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- ½ cup mozzarella, grated
- ½ cup provolone, grated
- ½ cup ricotta
- 14 oz. can evaporated 2 % milk
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 8 Tbsp. half and half cream or milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a small fry pan and add the bread crumbs. Stir to combine, remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions and drain. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350F.
- While tortellini is cooking, whisk flour into evaporated milk in a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Add the mustard and whisk well. When the sauce has thickened slightly and simmering add the cheeses and mix well. Add the cream or milk to loosen up slightly. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the chicken, broccoli, peas, tortellini and cheese sauce together. Place in a casserole that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Top with the bread crumbs. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until bubbling and heated through and bread crumbs are lightly browned.