Chocolate Zucchini Bread
I purchased a huge zucchini from the local farmer’s market and after grilling discs on the BBQ, I was looking for other ways of using this vegetable. I have never made Chocolate Zucchini Bread before.
So off I went searching for a great recipe. I found this recipe at Joy of Baking.com. I decided to make mini loaves as I like these better on occasion because I can freeze some for later use.
This recipe turned out fabulously, rich, moist, and dense with tons of chocolate flavor. It was a real hit!!
You feel a bit guilty eating something that is so delicious for breakfast or a snack but I got over that quickly!! I hope you try it too. ENJOY!!
- 1 1/2 cups grated raw zucchini
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a four-section mini pan 6X3X2" or a larger 9x5x3" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Carefully add the chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl of a standup mixer with a whisk attachment mix the eggs, oil, sugars, and vanilla extract until well blended. Remove from the mixer and fold in the zucchini and then the flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 55-65 for the large loaf pan or 40-45 for the smaller ones.
- Checking with a toothpick inserted to come out clean. Let cool for 10 min. on a rack and then let cool completely out of the pan.
- The bread keeps well for days in plastic wrap or can be frozen.
- Adapted from Joy of Baking.com
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 787Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 461mgCarbohydrates: 101gFiber: 6gSugar: 67gProtein: 11g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.