Corn Dog Muffins
I am back with a #SundaySupper post. I have not done a #SundaySupper post in a long time but I couldn’t resist the theme, Big Game Day Party Recipes that T. R. Crumbley from Gluten Free Crumbley is hosting. I chose Corn Dog Muffins as these are a great make-ahead recipe for the big day. Also, January is National Sunday Supper month, wow, now that is impressive!! How could I not join in.
Our Corn Dog Muffins are in the freezer right now, all they will need is to be warmed in the oven and they are ready to roll. This year we are hosting a Super Bowl Party and these will be perfect munchies for that day!!
We love to make corn muffins and Ken loves making the mini ones!! These are just the right size for popping and are crispy on the edges and have the perfect center with a great hot dog. So easy and so delicious, these will disappear in no time!!
Corn muffins are the perfect little vehicle for so many additions, we love putting in cheese at times or topping with a jalapeno. They will be a hit with kids, guys, and gals for the big game day!! Everyone loves the sweet and savory flavors of cornbread!!
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Sliced hot dogs
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a 24 mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix the cornmeal and milk together and set aside for 5 min. Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together. Stir the egg and melted butter into the cornmeal mixture. Then add this to the flour mixture. Stir until just combined, it will still be lumpy.
- Fill the muffin tins 2/3 full and insert a small slice of hot dog. Bake for 10 min. or until slightly browned on the edges and cooked through. Repeat with a second tray to make another 24.
And now let’s see what else has been brought to the big game, I can’t wait to see them all!!
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Plus Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.