Cranberry Pecan Brie
Are leftover cranberries just hanging around? Think about this Cranberry Pecan Brie. The company still coming?? Why not make this delicious and easy compote to put atop a lovely melting brie. You can make the compote ahead of time, heat your brie and you are on your way to being served up a fabulous appetizer.
I hope everyone’s New Year was great and you truly had a fabulous holiday season!! Welcome to 2013!!
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/3 cup broken pecan pieces
- One large wheel of brie or two small
- Crackers of your choice
- Place the cranberries, sugar, water, ginger, and zest in a small pot and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 5 min. or until cranberries begin to pop.
- Let cool slightly and add the pecans. Cool completely and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Slice the top off the brie and heat in a microwave on half power until cheese is starting to melt.
- Top with the cranberries and serve with crackers.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 44Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.