Creamy Mexicali Chicken and a Giveaway!!!
Creamy Mexicali Chicken and a Giveaway!!! Our first Giveaway has been posted, go to our Giveaway page for details. I am very excited to offer you this.
Okay, I didn’t have this planned as a post but after I posted it on my own FB page that I was serving this for dinner people have asked me for the recipe so here it is. This recipe is one we have made for years!!
I would use the chicken that I had leftover from making stock for this recipe but this time I just bought pre-cooked chicken. Either way, it is great!!!
A nice salad on the side is a great accompaniment.
- 1-10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1-10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 127 ml. can chopped green chilies
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. onion, finely minced
- 6-7 flour tortillas, cut into 6-8 slices
- 500 gms. chicken, cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Sour cream, salsa, and cilantro for garnish
- Lightly grease slow cooker.
- Stir together soups, chilies, sour cream and onion in a bowl.
- In the slow cooker, line the bottom with the flour tortilla strips top with chicken and soup mixture.
- Continue to layer with these three ingredients, laying the tortillas strips in the opposite direction for every other layer.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. Sprinkle with cheese and cover and let cook on low an additional 5-10 min.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, and cilantro.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 616Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 1171mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 32g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.