Quinoa and Kale Soup
Day 4 of 5 Days of Soup Quinoa and Kale Soup! Here are two of the most popular ingredients brought together in this amazing soup. A full blast of healthy!!! If you follow along here you know you get a wide variety of foods from vegan and vegetarian to full-on carnivore to decadent. Something for everyone. I love food, I love veggies and fruit and we all like to have variety.
Soups in this house are huge, there is not one that I put in front of Amber that she doesn’t gobble down with enthusiasm. This soup was no exception. Full-on flavor, filling, and satisfying!!
I would love to share a big bowl of soup with you. So pull out the pot and try this one!!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2-900 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tsp. rubbed Dalmation sage
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-14 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped Kale
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and saute the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, sage, thyme, and salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 min.
- Add the white beans and kale and simmer for 5 min. Add the cooked quinoa and heat through. Adjust seasonings and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 275Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 461mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 14gSugar: 10gProtein: 15g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.