Friday Night Cooking Class/ Ribs, Rice and Corn
Welcome, Megan back for Friday Night Cooking Class/ Ribs, Rice and Corn!! I think we have done them before for FNCC but Megan really wanted ribs so here we are. The four of us created a very good BBQ sauce to slather on the ribs which I will share with you.
The way I cook the ribs is from my fabulous friends Deb and Dave. Ken used to just BBQ them but they always were a little dry. This way you have tender fall off the bone ribs and they take no time on the BBQ. The girls had fun making these.
The rice I wanted to bump up a notch so we cooked it in chicken broth, added a bay leaf and a tsp. of cinnamon chili rub. It might not have been our favorite but it is worthy of messing with. Try your own seasoned rice. Try adding a herb or spice.
Lastly was the corn on the cob. I always bring the water to a rolling boil and then add the cobs and boil for 9-10 min. This gives you an ear of nice and still slightly crunchy corn on the cob. Corn is the taste of summer!!! Here is the rib recipe.
- 2 racks of back ribs
- BBQ Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a roasting pan with a rack filled with about 1/2″ water place the ribs on the rack and cover with foil.
- Bake for 2-1/2- 3 hours.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place ribs on a medium grill and brush on the BBQ sauce.
- Turn over and brush the other side with the sauce and BBQ until the ribs are crisped up nicely.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 199Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 585mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 2g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Truly finger-licking good!!!!