Friday Night Cooking Class/Asparagus and Brie Frittata
This is one of my favorite, Friday Night Cooking Class/Asparagus and Brie Frittata for a nice spring brunch or lunch. The flavors of the asparagus and the creamy brie are great together.
The frittata is rich, so a nice simple salad is a great pairing. Megan picked out all her favorites to go in the salad and suggested to top it with feta cheese. Yummy!
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup brie, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Whisk eggs and milk together until well blended.
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof fry pan, on medium-low heat. I really like using my cast iron pan for this.
- Add the eggs and sprinkle on the asparagus. Bake in the oven for 5 min.
- Remove and top with brie cheese. Bake a further 5-7 min. and then remove it.
- Preheat broiler and broil until lightly golden brown.
- Let rest for a few minutes and then slice into wedges.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 189Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 216mgSodium: 302mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.