Gluten-Free Zucchini Chips
We have been playing around with some ideas for zucchini lately. I love this vegetable and tend to use it a lot more in the summer months. We had some leftover so Ken made a trial run with these Gluten-Free Zucchini Chips.
We have many friends that are on gluten-free diets. Some as a result of being diagnosed with celiac disease, and some because they believe that it is a healthy choice for them. Either way creating gluten-free meals has become very popular.
Snacks, on the other hand, can sometimes be a bit of a challenge. You want your snacks to be yummy but if you make them gluten-free sometimes you can lose some of that yumminess!
This is certainly not the case with this wonderful recipe! These gluten-free Zucchini chips are crazy good, and quite frankly the recipe is pretty easy to make. You are going to want to make these as a snack for game day or any day. Whether you are gluten-free or not!
At first, they were tasty but still not crisp enough. So after some alterations, we came up with a perfectly tasty, light and crispy, simple delicious zucchini chip, and here’s how we did it.
Gluten Free Zucchini Chips
We have been playing around with some ideas for zucchini lately, you are going to love these crunchy zucchini chips!
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Canola Oil for frying
- Emeril’s Essence
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt & garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon each of:
- black pepper
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- dried oregano
- dried thyme
- Place the sliced zucchini in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let sweat for 30 min.
- Mix Emeril’s Essence together and set aside.
- Drain the zucchini and place on paper towels to absorb any further moisture and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a wok or large pot. Lightly coat each slice with cornstarch and drop carefully into the hot oil.
- Do not crowd the pan but do them in batches. Fry them until golden brown, turning as necessary.
- Remove them onto a paper towel-lined baking sheet and immediately sprinkle with Emeril’s Essence.
- Serve at once.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 118Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4923mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Emeril’s Essence by Emeril Lagasse
Comments & Reviews
Jennifer O says
What a fabulous idea! Great way to use up excess zucchini from the garden!
Noshing with the Nolands says
If you grow them there can be a lot. These were very good!!