Gluten-Free Zucchini Chips
We have been playing around with some ideas for zucchini lately. I love this vegetable and tend to use it a lot more in the summer months. We had some leftover so Ken made a trial run with these Gluten-Free Zucchini Chips.
We have many friends that are on gluten-free diets. Some as a result of being diagnosed with celiac disease, and some because they believe that it is a healthy choice for them. Either way creating gluten-free meals has become very popular.
Snacks, on the other hand, can sometimes be a bit of a challenge. You want your snacks to be yummy but if you make them gluten-free sometimes you can lose some of that yumminess!
This is certainly not the case with this wonderful recipe! These gluten-free Zucchini chips are crazy good, and quite frankly the recipe is pretty easy to make. You are going to want to make these as a snack for game day or any day. Whether you are gluten-free or not!
At first, they were tasty but still not crisp enough. So after some alterations, we came up with a perfectly tasty, light and crispy, simple delicious zucchini chip, and here’s how we did it.
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Canola Oil for frying
- Emeril’s Essence
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt & garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon each of:
- black pepper
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- dried oregano
- dried thyme
- Place the sliced zucchini in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let sweat for 30 min.
- Mix Emeril’s Essence together and set aside.
- Drain the zucchini and place on paper towels to absorb any further moisture and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a wok or large pot. Lightly coat each slice with cornstarch and drop carefully into the hot oil.
- Do not crowd the pan but do them in batches. Fry them until golden brown, turning as necessary.
- Remove them onto a paper towel-lined baking sheet and immediately sprinkle with Emeril’s Essence.
- Serve at once.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 118Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4923mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Emeril’s Essence by Emeril Lagasse