Guest Post at Free Spirit Eater and a Chicken Gyro
I am excited to be doing a Guest Post at Free Spirit Eater and a Chicken Gyro today. Kym has a gorgeous site with fantastic photography and wonderful recipes. I am so very honored that she has asked me to do this. In addition, I also have got to try her fruit leather, it looks fantastic!! I know Amber would love, love, love it!!
Kym also has a Raffle/Giveaway on now so check that out too!!! It is an amazing one with multiple prizes.
The gyro recipe is one that I promised you a while ago. A great chicken gyro. So easy and so great for any night’s meal. A perfect summer dinner also. Come on over to Free Spirit Eater to see our recipe.
- 1 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. plus one tsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. plus 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into ½" wide 2" long strips
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ white onion, very thinly sliced
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 30 grape tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 thick fresh pita rounds, heated
- Parchment paper optional
- Stir together the yogurt, 2 Tbsp. dill, garlic and 1 tsp. lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix chicken together with oregano, 1 tsp. dill, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook chicken over medium heat until lightly brown and cooked through. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tbsp. lemon juice.
- To assemble pitas, arrange one pita per plate. Lay down a lettuce leaf and top with ⅙th of the chicken. Divide tomatoes and onions amongst servings and top with dollops of the yogurt dill sauce. Fold pita over and enjoy!! You may wrap them individually with parchment paper so the toppings don't escape.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious