Healthy Lunchbox Snack Mix #SundaySupper
Back to School time again, I know where did the summer go?? We had a full-on running summer, it was good, lots of fun but very, very busy. I am looking forward to some R&R over the next couple of weeks before back to school is actually here. We are fortunate now to have a lunch program at my daughter’s school that is affordable and something that she loves!!
In saying that, I still pack her a lunch of snacks every day as she is a huge eater (and so skinny) and she is starving throughout the day and right after school for sure. Many days I get a text from her simply saying “Bring Food” and our drive home is only 5 min. That is her, she loves her food and needs her nutrition.
I want to provide for a healthy snack and fresh fruit and vegetables. She is a good eater as I said and will eat for the most part what is served to her. So a Healthy Lunchbox Snack Mix is right up her alley, mixed in with all her favorite snacks together as one. It is easy to make up a big bowl or bag at the beginning of the week and then fill containers as needed. Cuts down on waste too by using containers in place of sandwich bags.
Next week, we start to get her back to school supplies in order. Pens and papers, pencils and erasers, binders and booklets. It is nice to have a great list of recipes at the ready for their breakfast, lunchbox, after school snack, dinner and treats. This post will provide you with all that! Get yourself armed with great recipes so that you can tackle back to school with a breeze!
There are lots of delicious ingredients that are going into this amazing snack mix, somethings that maybe your kids haven’t tried yet and I am sure will love. It is peanut-free too so you don’t have to worry about taking it to school.
- 1 cup assorted rice crackers
- 1 cup banana chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup whole pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 4 cups popcorn
- Mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container and serve in smaller containers for the lunchbox.
Recipe adapted from Ready, Steady, Lunchbox by Lucy Broadhurst
Here are some fabulous recipes to help you with that back to school slump, ENJOY!!
Getting Started On School Days
- Caramel Apple Granola by What Smells So Good?
- Cinnamon Chocolate Overnight Oats by Whole Food | Real Families
- Funfetti French Toast by Brunch with Joy
- PB&J Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Ideas for the Lunchbox
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich by Cooking Chat
- Healthy Lunchbox Snack Mix by Noshing with the Nolands
- Mini Pepperoni Calzones by The Redhead Baker
- Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
After School Snacks and Beverages
- Back to School Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Fruit ‘n Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits by An Appealing Plan
- Mother’s Ruin Punch by Food Lust People Love
- “Nut Butter” Rice Crispy Balls by Books n’ Cooks
- Parmesan Crisps Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Monkey Bread by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Apple Nachos by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Waffle Pizzas by Our Good Life
School Night Suppers
- One Pot Bacon-Cheeseburger Pasta by A Gouda Life
- Oven Fried Portabello Mushroom Fries by Food Done Light
- Peanut Chicken Cutlets by Magnolia Days
- Smoked Salmon Ravioli with Cream Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Turmeric Chicken and Couscous by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Sweets to End the Day
- Gluten-Free Almond Joy Cupcakes by NinjaBaker
- M&M Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Oreo Rice Krispy Treats by The Crumby Cupcake
- Paleo Cherry Blondies by Pies and Plots
- Plum Crumble Bars by Feeding Big
- Stuffed Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.