Holiday Cookie Bars
It is that time of year to be baking, that is for sure. I do tons of it for the holidays and these Holiday Cookie Bars are fantastic! Some cookies are intricate and time-consuming and others like this one are a “piece of cake”.
One staple you need is a good cooking spray for all your pans and sheets. Something that lets the food shine! I was given this wonderful 100% Grapeseed Oil from Pompeian to try.
At first, we were using it for things like fried eggs and stir frys, which worked great. Then I went onto my baking and used it for this recipe.
I like using a cooking spray as it is quick and easy. Pompeian Grapeseed Oil has no propellants, trans fat, cholesterol, CFC’s or preservatives. It has a nice light and pleasant taste and is naturally gluten-free.
I liked to use it just straight and also with parchment paper as in this recipe. The parchment allows you to easily lift the bars out of the dish. The oil allows for no sticking at all.
We love the chocolate, cookie, and peanutty flavors of these easy bars.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 357 gm. bag of holiday mix peanut M & M's
- Pompeian Grapeseed Oil
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda together and set aside. Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well. Stir in the vanilla and mix in. Add flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in the peanut butter. Add the M & M's and carefully fold them into the dough.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13" pan with the grapeseed oil and place a sheet of parchment in with the sides hanging over slightly.
- The oil will help the paper stay in place and the overhang of the parchment will let you pull the bars out easily. Lightly spray the parchment with oil. Place the dough into the prepared pan and even out.
- Bake at 350F for 25- 30 min. Let cool and then lift out using the parchment. Cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 186Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Adapted from A Full Measure of Happiness.