I love the flavor of lemon in desserts, like these simple Lemon Bars. The pairing of sweetness and tartness is fantastic!! Lemon desserts are so spring-like. These are one of my favorites and I am sure you will love them too!!
This is an easy dessert that consists of three layers of lemony goodness. Whip up a pan today, it will get you in the mood for spring!!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup coconut, sweetened and shredded
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup Icing sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (or add to desired thickness)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 8" x 8" pan and line with parchment letting the edges hang over so you can easily remove the bars after they are baked. Mix together the bottom latyer cutting in the butter until crumbly and press into prepared pan. Bake for 15 min.
- Mix together the second layer with a wooden spoon. First mixing the sugar with the eggs and then add the coconut and lemon juice. Whisk together the dry ingredients and then add them to the coconut mixture. Place on top of the first baked layer. Bake for 30min. or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- With a hand held beater mix butter and icing sugar together and add lemon juice. I like the icing to have a fresh lemon flavour but be careful not to make it too runny. Ice the bars still in the pan and refrigerate at least one hour. Score the outside of the bars to remove them from the pan and using the over hanging parchment gently lift them out. Cut into squares and serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 257Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust