Lobster Mac and Cheese
I love to take something that is divine already but homey and bring it to the next level. Class it up a bit, make it company-worthy, like this Lobster Mac and Cheese!!
Looks like you slaved away in the kitchen whipping up an amazing dish when all it is, is something you all have loved and made forever. I had this lovely dish for lunch at E11even in Toronto and knew immediately that I had to recreate it.
Rich and delicious mac and cheese with the briny sweet lobster, an excellent combination!! Serve this for a fancy lunch or a pumped-up dinner for company. Whenever you serve it you will get rave reviews. ENJOY!!
- 6 Tbsp. butter, plus more for the dish
- 5½ cups milk
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. freshly grated black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 6½ cups old sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 8-10 oz. cooked lobster claw meat, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F. Butter an 8×11″ and an 8×8″ casserole dishes or one larger pan or small cast iron pans set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat the milk. Fill a large pot with salted water and place on high heat.
- In another medium saucepan melt the 6 Tbsp. butter and then add the flour, stirring and cooking for 1 min.
- Whisk in the hot milk slowly and continue cooking and whisking until the mixture bubbles and thickens. Remove from heat.
- While the milk mixture is still hot. Whisk in the salt, nutmeg, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and 5 cups of the cheddar. Stir well with a wooden spoon until cheese melts. Set aside.
- When the water has come to a boil add the macaroni and cook until 2-3 min. less than manufacturers directions. You want this more underdone than el dente. Drain and rinse in a colander. Stir into the cheese sauce.
- Pour into prepared dishes, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 45-60 min. for the large pans and 20-25 min. for smaller.
- In the last 5 min. place the lobster claw meat on top. Remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1089Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 395mgSodium: 1555mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 110g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.