One that, almost every fall, we cart a big pot of soup down to our local homeless shelter for them to enjoy also. It is easy to pull together and will feed a big family on any weekday night.
Chocked full of goodness, I hope you enjoy it!!
Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1-28 oz. can of tomatoes
- 2-10 oz. can of onion soup
- 5 cups of water
- 1 small package of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-750 ml. jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup small pasta
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. each of thyme, oregano, and basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan or parsley
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef. Add the onion and celery and cook until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, onion soup, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add the vegetables and cover and simmer for 30 min.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, parsley, sugar, herbs, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Simmer now uncovered for 20 min., stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta and cook an additional 10 min. or until the pasta is done.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle each bowl with grated parmesan or parsley and serve with Italian bread.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 403Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 5121mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 8gSugar: 10gProtein: 26g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.