Mini Jalapeno Cornmeal Muffins
These Mini Jalapeno Cornmeal Muffins are a family favorite that we have made for years. Great little accompaniment to chili or soups or all by themselves for a snack in a lunch box.
Ken added the addition of the jalapeno placed on top. Amber doesn’t like that so I make some without.
They are crispy on the outside and tender and moist on the inside. Soooooooooooo good!!!
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup finely grated light Tex Mex cheese blend
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Pickled jalapeno peppers, slices for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray each cup of a mini muffin pan or the 12 cups of a regular-size muffin tin.
- Mix together the corn meal and buttermilk. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Stir the egg and butter into the cornmeal mixture.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. It may still be a bit lumpy but that is okay.
- Stir in cheese. Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full for the minis and 2/3 full for the regular-sized cups.
- Top with a jalapeno slice if using.
- Bake for 12-15 min. for the minis and 20-25 min. for the regular.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 57Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.