Here is another one of Ken’s recipes we call it Noland’s Chili. Of course, he did have a little guidance from moi as to what I like in a chili. Everyone has I was off learning how to make bread when Ken made this chili. So good and it has a little Canadian twist to it too!
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 pork sausage, removed from casing
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1-28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 can of beer, Canadian or any other one you would like
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1- 19 oz. can kidney bean, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz. black beans
- 1 cup of corn
- Cheddar cheese, grated, for garnish
- Heat a large pot with the canola oil and add ground beef and sausage to pot and brown.
- Add the diced onion, celery and mushrooms. Saute until softened.
- Add chipotle, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 min.
- Add tomatoes and beer and let simmer for 1-2 hours.
- In the last 20 minutes of cooking add the beans and the corn.
- Serve and top with a grating of cheddar cheese.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 338Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 11gSugar: 6gProtein: 30g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.