Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
I had pumpkin in the freezer that I wanted to use up. My daughter and I love a homemade muffin so we made Pumpkin Pecan Muffins. Ones that were nice and moist and require no butter.
This recipe definitely made the grade!! They are tender and moist and filled with healthy ingredients like whole wheat flour, flax, yogurt, pumpkin, pecans, and more!!
These will start your day off right!! I love how fast of breakfast this is easy to grab on the go!!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Greek-style vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin pans with 18 liners or spray with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the flours, flax, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and brown sugar, add the canola oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree and the yogurt and gradually add the flour mixture. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour into the prepared muffin pans and bake for 20-25 min. Let cool 5 min.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 207Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Recipe adapted from Good Life Eats.com