Raspberry Coconut Oatmeal Bars
In need of a scrumptious tasting bar? Look no further than these Raspberry Coconut Oatmeal Bars.
I needed some bars for a church refreshment and I wanted to make something with the great taste of raspberries. I found this recipe online from Taste of Home.
They made theirs with strawberry preserves but I had seedless raspberry jam on hand. I use this jam a lot for baking, a raspberry vinaigrette, and cooking.
I love the smooth consistency of it, not having the seeds in it.
This bar can be made all year round as it would be not only great for a picnic but gorgeous on a Christmas tray of goodies. ENJOY!!!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour in the butter and vanilla and stir until mixed and crumbly. Reserve one cup. Pour the remainder into an ungreased 9x13" pan. Press the mixture down.
- Spread the raspberry jam carefully over this layer.
- Toss coconut with remaining crumb mixture and sprinkle over top. Press very lightly.
- Bake for 25-30 min. or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Cut into squares, makes 3 dozen.
- Adapted slightly from Taste of Home.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 102Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.