Rolled Stuffed Turkey Breast
I have cooked a turkey every which way you can think of except maybe deep-fried. I hear that is delicious. This Rolled Stuffed Turkey Breast is fantastic! Babysitting a big bird by having to baste it all day doesn’t seem like much fun, never mind fighting with it to get it rinsed, dried and stuffed and into the pan.
I’ve been making a turkey roll for a long time now. Often I will still do a big bird but when you have a small crowd or you want to serve something else besides turkey or you just don’t want to be a slave to the kitchen all day, try a stuffed turkey breast.
I have done this so many times on Christmas Day also where I wanted to be hanging out with Amber and playing games and watching movies. I come down to the kitchen at 4:00 and can have the dinner put together by 5:15 while sipping on a glass of wine. Super easy and you have a great turkey meal without all the fuss.
For the stuffing, I usually don’t stress about it either. We almost always have craisins hanging around or cranberries at that time of year in the freezer. I grab a nut of some sort from the pantry, usually from a Christmas basket or gift, and whip the stuffing together.
Try any combination you like. I hope you try this one. Sorry I did overcook my roll slightly, keep yours to 160-165F, and then tent for 10 min. It will be perfect.
- 1 turkey breast
- 1 1/2 slices stale bread or the ends
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning plus more for the outside
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or white wine or a combination
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Melt butter in a small frypan and saute the shallots until transparent.
- Break bread into small bite-sized pieces and place into a bowl. Add the shallots, craisins, cashews, poultry seasoning, chicken broth or wine, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pound turkey breast to as flat as you would like it. Place stuffing in the center and wrap the breast around it. Tie the roll in 3 to 4 places and place seam side down in a small roasting pan. Rub the outside of the roll with olive oil and dust with a small amount of poultry seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 60 min. or until a thermometer reaches 160-165F. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 min. tented with foil. Slice and serve with your favorite packaged gravy. As easy as 1-2-turkey!!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 238Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 9g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust