Rum Pecan Bundt for #BundtBakers
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here.
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 18 1/2 oz. pkg. yellow cake mix
- 1 3 3/4 oz. pkg. vanilla instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup amber rum
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup amber rum
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray a 10' bundt pan with cooking spray and then flour. Sprinkle nuts on the bottom. Set aside.
- In a standup mixer with a paddle attachment mix the remaining cake ingredients together until smooth. Pour the batter over the nuts. Bake for 60 min. or until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean. Let cool and then invert onto a serving plate.
- Make the glaze by melting the butter in a saucepan. Add the water and sugar and stir. Bring up to a boil and then simmer, stirring constantly for about 5 min. Remove from heat and slowly add the rum.
- With a large needle or a cake tester, pierce holes through out the cake. Careful not to break up the nut topping. Paint and smooth the glaze over cake and repeat many times until the glaze is all used up.
- Serve the cake with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Banana Nut Bread from Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Chocolate Covered Almond Cake from Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Chubby Hubby Mini Bundts from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Glazed Citrus Pistachio Bundt Cake from Laura at The Spiced Life
- Mocha Hazelnut Marble Bundt Cake from Felice at All That’s Left Are the Crumbs
- Orange Cinnamon Pecan Cake from Renee at Magnolia Days
- Pecan Bundt Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Icing from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Pistachio Coffee Cardamom Cake from Deepti at Baking Yummies
- Powdered Sugar Pound Cake with Pecans from Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
- Rum Pecan Bundt from Tara at Noshing with the Nolands